Nurturing the Heart with the Brain in Mind presents Embodied Liberation: A Racial Justice Workshop
Embodied Liberation: A Racial Justice Workshop
Statement of need: Embodied Liberation is an interactive anti-racism workshop for therapists, advocates, healers, and helpers. We will explore systemic racial bias, through the lens of interpersonal neurobiology. We will look at the role our collective and individual history played in the wounding and trauma we carry about race and explore opportunities for the healing of our world and each other.
Presented by: Vanessa Timmons and Mari Alexander, offered through Nurturing the Heart with the Brain in Mind
Contact: Vanessa Timmons 10102 SE 10 St, Vancouver, WA 98664
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event web site: https://www.nurturingtheheart.com/_files/ugd/327e08_4c0617b1e3af49f29b1018a05014f9e2.pdf
Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA
Session dates: June 24-25, 2023
• Explore the personal and collective impact of racism
• Understand our embodied responses to racial trauma
• Learn to heal the generational anguish of white supremacy
• Be in community, break isolation, challenge fear with tender bravery.
To support this healing/learning experience, we will
• Cultivate a nourishing environment of mutual support – this is the foundation.
• Work with sand, miniatures, and art to facilitate gently touching our implicit memories.
• Explore how working with the wisdom of our bodies, our divided brains, and nervous systems can
provide a safe space for healing from racial trauma.
• Share stories about our experiences, personal and professional.
Course credit hours: No CEs available for these trainings. A certificate of completion will be available at the end of the class.
Cost: $350.00: $100 nonrefundable deposit, balance to be paid three months before class begins. Fifty dollar discount if paid in full at time of registration.
Cost includes registration, art supplies, breakfasts, and lunches. Dinners and lodging are participants’ responsibility.