09/03-04/2022 How to heal clients utilising triggers to process fear repressed at the time of childhood trauma
How to heal clients utilising triggers to process fear repressed at the time of childhood trauma
This workshop is for experienced therapists who wish to work more effectively with survivors of childhood trauma. This highly experiential workshop will enable therapeutic practitioners to learn how to minimise the impact of trauma on their clients lives by helping them connect with unresolved childhood trauma and safely release the fear surrounding that childhood experience.
Presented by: Liz Mullinar through the Instituto di Science Cognitive SRL Professional training in Psychology and Psychotherapy
Event web site: https://isc.training/en/shop/workshop-en/how-to-heal-clients-utilising-triggers-to-process-fear-repressed-at-the-time-of-childhood-trauma/
Location: Milan, Italy
Session dates and times: Saturday, 03 September 2022, 10:00 am- 6:00 pm and Sunday, 04 September 2022, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Time zone: Italian time
Target audience: experienced therapists
The Heal For Life model has been longitudinally evaluated over a ten year period and has been found to have long-lasting effects (Edwardes, 2009). The Heal For Life model has been informed by hundreds of survivors over the last twenty-five years to produce a safe process to guide clients through. It has also been updated and informed by the latest developments in neuroscientific research, including the effects of trauma on the brain and concepts such as neuroplasticity.
The attendees will learn strategies that can be shared with clients to support self-regulation and self-healing between sessions. Therapists will understand how to empower their clients as “the expert” in their own recovery. The therapist will recognise that by the client utilising their innate self-knowledge, this liberates the health practitioner from the need to ‘teach’, ‘advise’ or ‘fix’ the client. Consequently, this therapeutic approach will contribute to the reduction of stress and burn out when working with clients with complex trauma.
This workshop is presented by Liz Mullinar whose knowledge emanates from her own experiences as a survivor of complex trauma and importantly the thousands of people worldwide who have been helped through the Heal for Life program in The Philippines, Australia and England.
- To be able to utilise a proven method for clients to heal permanently from their childhood trauma in private practise.
- To recognise the importance of triggers in helping to provide a safe path to healing.
- To teach their client how to de-trigger themselves safely in their own at home.
- To be able to utilise the principles of Transactional Analysis to relate more effectively with their client.
- To be able to effectively explain to clients the importance of their attachment style on their relationship with others as well as their inner Self.
- To provide a safe environment in the counselling room to enable effective healing to occur.
- To be able to apply the principles of Trauma-informed healing to improve the therapist’s ability to connect and communicate with the client.
Format: English, with simultaneous translation available for Italian-speaking participants